Upland Recreation and Community Services is committed to creating community through people, parks, and programs. Our purpose is to provide recreational programs and community services which enrich the quality of life for Upland residents by promoting health, wellness, and human development; and to maintain first rate parks and recreational facilities thus enhancing the desirability of the City as a place to live and strengthen community image.
The Upland Recreation and Community Services Division invites you to take advantage of it's programs, services, parks, and facilities. It is the goal of the Division to provide leisure opportunities that contribute to Upland's quality of life.
Should you have questions or need assistance, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services via phone at (909) 931-4280 or via email to Upland Recreation and Community Services, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Thank you.
Spring Special Events & Activities
Upland Recreation and Community Services hosts a number of special events offered throughout the year, bringing the community together for exciting, fun-filled experiences for the whole family.
We have some great activities for all ages planned for this Spring! For additional information, visit Spring Special Events & Activities.
**COVID-19: City Facilities & Activities Temporary Closures/Cancellations**
The City of Upland continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), in consultation with San Bernardino County Public Health Officials and other local partners. This situation is fluid and staff are monitoring every necessary precaution and health-related recommendation to ensure the welfare of the community, especially those most vulnerable, and our employees as well. The health risk from COVID-19 to the general public in Upland and San Bernardino County remains low at this time. Please also visit City of Upland's Emergency Preparedness page for additional information and links. There is extraordinary caution being taken at all our public facilities, including increased awareness to cleaning, limiting numbers of people, encouraging appropriate hand washing, and social distancing. City staff is working closely with the San Bernardino County Emergency Operations Center and San Bernardino Department of County Health. We are taking steps to protect the public by suspending programs in accordance with the guidance procedures.
**Unless noted otherwise, class & program registration and facility rentals cannot be accepted
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.**
GEORGE M. GIBSON SENIOR CENTER & SENIOR SERVICES:
- The Gibson Senior Center is closed for all recreation programs until further notice.
- All senior-focused recreational programs, activities and events are cancelled until further notice.
- ON-SITE Congregate Nutrition Meal Service for our seniors is cancelled and has been transitioned to a distributed meal program. Prepared, frozen meal packages will be available at the Gibson Center for Nutrition Program participants weekly ONLY ON Wednesdays between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Participants will receive five (5) frozen meals, milk, bread and fruit. Meal packages are limited to one package per customer, per week. The weekly meal package distribution will continue until the COVID-19 emergency is lifted.
If you have questions or are in need of resources, please contact the Gibson Senior Center at (909) 981-4501, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Virtual classes and activities are currently offered through Upland Recreation and Community Services. Socially distanced outdoor classes will open as permitted. For additional information and to register for classes, please visit Classes Offered through Upland Recreation and Community Services.
- Unless noted otherwise, Gibson Senior Center special events are cancelled until further notice.
PARKS, BUILDINGS & FACILITIES:
- Park rentals are available Thursday, April 1st.
- All facility rentals are cancelled until further notice.
- Basketball courts are now open; please continue adhering to safety protocols while enjoying this amenity. City parks remain closed for shelter reservations and social gatherings. Other than basketball courts, park amenities remain closed.
- City trails are currently open.
- Upland Memorial Skate Park is open. Hours of operation: Monday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Please adhere to all posted signage and rules.
- Baldy View Dog Park remains open. Please adhere to all posted signage and rules.
- **Please remember to follow all physical distancing guidelines at all times.**
TRIPS & TOURS:
- All trips & tours are cancelled until further notice.
- All passport services have been suspended indefinitely. For additional information on passports, please visit Passport Services.
If you are inquiring about the status of an upcoming class, activity, rental of park, facility, or field usage, please, please contact Upland Recreation and Community Services via phone at (909) 931-4280 or via email to Upland Recreation and Community Services, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Thank you.
City of Upland Virtual Recreation & Resource Center
Our physical doors may be closed, but we're still here for you to provide your family with Recreation services, including fun-filled activities for all ages, virtual adventures, and helpful information for seniors.
Please visit use at City of Upland Virtual Recreation & Resource Center.
Gibson Helpful Handbook For Seniors
The Gibson Senior Center Staff would like to express that you are all in our thoughts. Even though our Senior Center is closed to the public, staff remains on-site, working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to take calls and to answer any questions.
Gibson Senior Center staff has put together the Gibson Helpful Handbook For Seniors, providing a list of helpful phone numbers & resources, encouraging words, and a word search puzzle. This information is provided from us, to you, to help you get through these unsettled times.